The past few weeks have been a blur of sorts. There’s too much and too little going on, all at once.
Such a blur that i actually used the phrase “cray cray” though i’d made a pact with myself to not fall into the bae-cray-bff
crap trap but i fell, and how.
And i’m sure my phone has picked up on the goings-on (or lack of) in my life and the only features/apps working are:
- SMS – incoming – yes; outgoing – only when there’s sufficient balance
- Calls – incoming – no; outgoing, again, only when there’s sufficient balance
- Wait…what? No incoming calls? Weird? Yes. Very. My phone has merrily decided to block out ALL call attempts by deviously misleading callers into believing that i am forever talking to someone else. Lies.
- YouTube – only when I’m in a WiFi zone. Obviously, i do not have sufficient balance/charge to connect to a decent data plan.
- Gmail – *insert previous line about WiFi and data woes*
- Camera – my favourite and most over(ab)used feature. Yayy!
If i have made my predicament clear enough, you will see how my smartphone and i have slowly turned a little backward, a little anti-social and a lot behind on updates, conversations, chuckles and photographs on WhatsApp.
But we’re not complaining. At least for now.
What’s kept me constant company in this blur, though, is Music. A lot of it. Eagles, Billy Joel, Dire Straits, CCR, Amit Trivedi, Simon & Garfunkel, John Mayer, Phillip Phillips….
A lot of all the above. On loop. Concert videos and lyrics videos. I’ve even fallen asleep with Music in the background, serving as lullabies to my sound
Until my phone’s battery decides to die without warning and my phone gets some shuteye as well.
impatiently for my salary to buy a new phone but maybe i’ll let this this peaceful, easy feeling (in the words of Eagles) linger just a little longer.